Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentine's day post

Photoexpress
So, Today is Valentine's day. All across America people are buying up flowers, candy and gifts to shower those they love. I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of Valentine's day. It's not that I don't like to celebrate love or relationships, or that I'm cheap. The way I look at it, it's just any other day for me, it's another day I get to celebrate and affirm my love and respect for my beautiful wife.

I met my wife Jennifer on January 20, 1997. Ever since that day I've had the joy and pleasure of getting to know her. I have tried to make everyday for her as if it were Valentine's day. I want her to never forget how much she is loved and adored. She has been my partner, confidant, and the mother to my two sons. But most of all, she's been my best friend.

She's managed and supported my long deployments away from home. I never had to worry if things would be taken care of. She's the ultimate business manager and partner. My children were always loved and well taken care of. I never had to worry if she would be waiting on the pier upon my return. When people would mention to me about the sacrifices I made to be in the military, I would always tell them that the true hero was my wife, like every other military spouse out there that keeps the home front running and doing it alone. Dealing with the everyday life of a family, the homework, the sick children, even deaths in the family. Every message or email she sent me while I was gone would be nothing but that of  love and support.

I admire and love my wife for so many things. She has supported me no matter what, through the good times and the bad. She gives my son's an example everyday to what they need to look for in a wife. She accepted my two daughters as her own, and has given them another strong female figure to emulate in their lives.

So, sure it's valentine's day, but for my beautiful wife, it's just another day that I get to affirm my love for her.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...